More Job Descriptions for :
- Attended Basic training Chicago Illinois, Sept – Nov 1976,Third Squad Leader
- Attended “A” school in San Diego California at FLEASTRACINPAC to trained as a Sonar Technician for surface craft vessels, DEC1976 – March76.
- Reported to my home fleet aboard the USS Farragut, six fleet, Norfolk Va.
- Reported weekends and two weeks a year for training and system readiness and was advanced to the rank of STG3 (Third Class Petty Officer)
- Self released in 1988 to pursue other career goals.
- Received an Honorable Discharge and DD214.
- Supervise the collection, processing, and analysis of acoustic data by a highly trained and acclaimed sonar team to support Undersea Warfare prosecutions in the Middle East and the Western Pacific.
- Instruct junior enlisted sailors and officers individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as On-The-Job training, tactic discussions, and sensor demonstrations.
- Understand and utilize detailed functional and technical publications that document all functional segments and technical/operational capabilities of the SQQ-89 suite.
- Direct system active sonar testing, preventative maintenance, passive sensor employment and network troubleshooting to ensure peak operational performance of the SQQ-89 sonar suite.
- Demonstrated an attention to detail and extreme pride in daily performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Analyzed acoustic signatures. Monitored for the initial detection, classification, and localization of threat surface and subsurface contacts while maintains and supervising daily required maintenance of equipment
- Kept ship spaces and related sonar equipment clean and in pristine working order for training purposes as well as inspections by division officers and chiefs.