More Job Descriptions for :
game designer, producer, co-founder
- Designed gray-box levels and wireframe storyboards to rapidly prototype ideas.
- Integrated 2D/3D assets from artists and created animation state machines.
- Designed event-driven behavior trees for enemy AI.
- Hosted playtesting sessions to A/B test features and compile user stories.
- Enforced monthly code reviews to promote code scalability and quality.
- Documented game design specifications and recorded meeting minutes.
- Produced the project page graphics, game description text, and gameplay trailer for Mind the Trap’s Steam Greenlight campaign, which passed in 9 days.
junior game designer
- Provide feedback to designers and other colleagues regarding game design features.
- Develop and maintain design level documentation, including mechanics, guidelines, and mission outlines.
- Present new game design concepts to management and technical colleagues, including artists, animators, and programmers.
- Solicit, obtain, and integrate feedback from design and technical staff into original game design.
- Document all aspects of formal game design, using mock-up screenshots, sample menu layouts, gameplay flowcharts, and other graphical devices.
- Keep abreast of game design technology and techniques, industry trends, or audience interests, reactions, and needs by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Collaborate with artists to achieve appropriate visual style.
- In charge of unit data, from the conception stage to the implementation and balancing stage
- Coordinate and execute weekly events and implementation of effects
- Write or supervise the writing of game text and dialogue.
- Determine supplementary virtual features, such as currency, item catalog, menu design, and audio direction.
game designer / level designer
- Create and manage documentation, production schedules, prototyping goals, and communication plans in collaboration with production staff.
- Create the core game levels of the game.
- Responsible for implementing and analyzing game design mechanics for this title, ranging from small to large scope features.
- Responsible for the creation of 2D sprite assets.
- Understand of composition, draw in a way that matches genre styles such as fantasy, sci-fi or cartoon for the concept art.
- Imagine the game, see it visually and develop the gameplay mechanics.
- Work collaboratively with game developers to find feasible, low-impact ways to improve the fun and flow of an app throughout development.
- Work with other artists and the design team and share the vision with games developers.
- Plan the creative production of the game.
- Create high-quality artwork within technical budgets and aggressive deadlines.
- Know how to work with art within game engines, understand their technical limitations, keep up-to-date with their possibilities.