- Carrying out of daily inspections of rooms, pods,and cells.
- Evaluation of residents progress throughout their time in therapy.
- Report writing on daily disputes and typical behaviors. Overseeing residents in school, dining, and free time.
- Handling disciplinary problems.
- Ensure the safety and security of the facility, residents, staff, and visitors
- Provide supervisors with oral and written reports of resident disturbances, rule violations, and unusual occurrences.
- Take residents into custody and escort them to locations inside and outside of the facility.
- Supervise 6 employees, resolve conflicts, assign duties and duty stations, complete shift paperwork.
- Search residents’ rooms, and vehicles for weapons, cell phones, drugs, and other contraband.
- Respond to emergencies as needed.
- Worked with youth from diverse backgrounds displaying offending behaviors.
- Coordinated care and monitored progress with therapists, supervisors, and youth specialists to meet individualized treatment goals established in a team setting to provide optimal quality of care.
- Assisted residents with improving relationships, positive social skills, increasing self-awareness, teamwork, and developing appropriate expressions of feelings and emotions, and life skills necessary for transitioning back into the community.
- Provided supervision to employees for shifts throughout the week promoting a positive and safe environment and encouraged team communication.
- Supervised interns and trained new employee
- Supervise home visits along with clinical care for youth residents.
- Assist youth residents to and from school and recreational activities.
- Engage and connect with employees.
- Engage and connect with clients and their families.
- Ensure that respective program reports and data are submitted in in a timely manner.
- Provide a strong sense of security and well being for each resident by assuring protection from physical or emotional abuse.
- Ensure the safety and security of all residents and staff.
- Possess clear knowledge, adhere and maintain all facility policies and procedures.
- Paperwork/ information management.
- Complete behavior management information chart, logs, and written reports. Communicate timely and effectively with co-workers and residents.