- Advised students with writing-related issues regarding essays or other assignments.
- Answered inquiries face-to-face and through email.
- Met with other tutors and Writing Center director in monthly meetings to receive training and problem-solve Writing Center related issues.
- Provided individual tutoring sessions for students struggling in composition, including English Second Language students
- Working one-on-one with students taking Expository Writing and English classes
- Editing drafts of essays at all stages of development
- Helping students sort through their ideas and see how to best connect them to the prompt
- Meeting every other week with other writing tutors to discuss our experiences, our tutoring strategies, and how to improve
- Worked with over 2,000 students from varying backgrounds culturally and academically teaching them the skills to improve their essays, personal statements, reports or resumes
- Was nighttime supervisor, working as a resource and leader to other tutors and staff in the tutoring center
- Time limited tutoring sessions meant the use of many skills such as: time management, prioritization, and effective communicative strategies
- Provided assistance to students in the University’s writing center.
- Helped format files to the required style
- Advised on spelling, grammar, and structure
- Explained Microsoft Word to college freshman
- Provided detailed line edits on student papers.
- Instructed students on how to best organize and convey their ideas based on the rhetorical situation.
- Explained important grammar rules and why they are necessary.
- Identified student’s obstacles in writing.
- Presented strong communication skills with students to obtain their studying orientation in order to create a best-fit modules.