- Prepare operating room for assigned procedure
- Count sponges, needles, and instruments with circulator
- Assist surgeon with gowning, gloving, draping, and set up of patient sterile field (suction, bovie and pad, etc)
- Anticipate needs of surgeon throughout procedure
- Appropriately label and handle specimens
- Room turnover
- Restock operating room supplies
- Prepare operating rooms
- Handle surgical equipment
- Prepare patients for surgery
- Available for all vaginal births and stat cesarean sections
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures
- Assist the surgeon in the operating room.
- Prepare the operating room for surgery.
- Prepare patients for surgery.
- Arrange equipment.
- Disinfect and sterilize instruments.
- Counting supplies for surgery cases.
- Moving patients to the operating room.
- Collect and set up supplies for specific surgeries and go over supplies to make sure everything is there.
- Setup and maintain sterile field before and during surgery.
- Help surgeon throughout surgery with different tasks including handing instruments, passing suture, and retracting.
- Helping team transfer patients before and after surgery when needed.
- Cleanup after surgeries.
- Set up OR for surgery and scrubbed in to assist doctors
- Turnover OR’s, patient, and triage rooms
- Stock OR’s, patient, and triage rooms
- Able to scrub and assist in various specialties