- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment or materials to prevent injuries and damage.
- Resolve behavioral issues between students by explaining to them the code of conduct expected of them and teaching them how to cope with emotional and social situations.
- Help in maintaining accurate student records as required by laws, district policies, or administrative regulations.
- Supervise games or other recreational activities to promote physical, mental, or social development.
- Perform administrative duties, such as assisting in school libraries, hall or cafeteria monitoring.
- Work in the classroom under the direction of the teacher.
- Help children in a classroom setting who are learning the English language.
- Supervise elementary/secondary for outside/inside.
- Work directly with pre-school students with various disabilities.
- Monitor and take attendance in a study hall at the middle school level.
- Monitor the commons area at the high school level.
- Work directly with students with various disabilities.