Storage Administrator Resume Examples
- Install, configure as well as maintain storage hardware backup inclusive of physical plus virtual tape libraries or drives along with disk storage targets
- Ensuring that the Storage environment achieves a 99.50% uptime SLA out side scheduled change windows if need arises.
- Ensure that all storage related Remedy calls are address within a 94% SLA
- Provide management with a RCA (Root Cause Analysis) report within 24 hours of a reported incident.
- Ensuring that all storage unit are always available and technically sound.
- Knowledge of operating systems to be install device drivers and various APIs
- Administer, Monitor & Report on the following Storage Arrays: EMC Isilon, EMC XtremIO, EMC VNXe, EMC RecoverPoint, EMC ECS, VCE VxBlock & VxRack, Hitachi Data Systems VSPs, USPVs & HUS, Huawei OceanStor 18000, HPE 3PAR Storage Arrays (F-Series & V-Series), and NetApp FAS6080 & FAS8060 Arrays.
- Managed and supported enterprise storage/backup infrastructure consisting of EMC Centera devices, EMC CLARiiON arrays, EMC Symmetrix arrays, NetApp filers and NearLine systems, McData/Brocade fibre channel switches & Symantec NetBackup.
- Trained junior team members on zoning, LUN allocation and various aspects on compliance with respect to protocols for zone names and LUN names for Windows servers.
- Managed the planning and successful enterprise director switch migration without business impact. Upgraded environment from Brocade 12k switches to Brocade 48k switches.
- Developed processes to support the storage infrastructure and provided training for the India operations team.
- Reduced operating costs by migrating obsolete storage platforms and consolidating Datacenter’s down to 2.
- Spearheaded the team on weekly compliance checks on servers, switches, storage systems and standard routine documents achieving 100% compliance target.
senior storage administrator
- Monitor functioning of the Storage equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Analyze Systems and applications needs and recommend appropriate Space.
- Provide technical support to the Storage Infrastructure.
- Administration on the Brocade SAN environment in terms of Zoning (Brocade 8500 series)
- Experience in END to END Storage Provisioning, administration of high end Disk storage arrays and switches.
- Experience in Clarion Storage, SymmetrixStorage VMAX2, VMAX3, VNX.
- Having knowledge on Time Finder Mirror/Clone/snap and SRDF at the Symmetrix VMAX level.
- Having experience on NetApp storage provisioning & storage monitoring.
- Having experience on EMC Isilon storage provisioning & storage monitoring.
- Handled Disaster recovery activities yearly.
- Experience in Brocade & Cisco switches.
- Pro-active measures and preventive measure for storage problems.
- Creation of weekly status reports and solving pending tickets.
- Configuration for new storage devices, coordinating with Data center people and vendor for the same.
- Incident management and change management via Remedy
- Storage configuration, monitoring and analyzing event, alert logs and taking appropriate actions, trouble shooting skills in storage environment and problem solving.
- Experienced in managing Hitachi Storage systems namely HDS 9500 and 9900 series, NSC55, AMS 1000, USP600, USPV , USP VM
- Storage Virtualization / Consolidation via USPV / USP VM
- Configuring RAID in HP 3Par 8440
- HP 3Par & Hitachi LUN presentation to UNIX, Linux, Windows and ESX host
- Coordinating with various vendors like Cisco, HP, Sureworks and Hitachi for support and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for maintaining Storage Infrastructure at Delhi International Airport.
- Taking care for proper functioning on HP 3 Par, Hitachi VSP G200, Hitachi HUS, HP EVA.
- Upgrade Storage Controller OS and Firmware when need arises.
- Ensure that the Storage arrays are able to work with NetBackup Appliances and Virtual Appliances.
- Knowledge of network security appliances (Cyberoam, Juniper, etc)
- Reviewing threat advisories and recommending detection methods for implementation
- Doing Audit for the current storage environment.
- Managing USPV , USP VM & AMS1000
- Storage Virtualization / Consolidation via IBM SVC / USPV / USP VM
- Configuring and managing task like zoning in Brocade/McData Directors and Switches using Fabric Manager, DCFM (Data Center Connectivity Fabric Manager).
- Carving ldev’s or Devices, Lun or device mapping and masking, adding and removing LUNs from IBM SVC /USPV / USP VM.
- Provide management with weekly and monthly reports on capacities, Alarms, and Alerts.
- Actively involved in performing day to day operational tasks like storage provisioning and monitoring the health of SAN
- Administration of Fiber channel switches by creating zones and fabric configurations. Configured zoning on Brocade, Cisco Switches.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues of host to storage on switch level.
- Administered and maintained EMC Symmetrix VMAX, CLARiiON, VNX Storage Arrays
- Responsible assigning space to servers as per the requests.
- Allocation of storage to the servers in Symmetrix VMAX by thin Provisioning.
- Assigning the LUN’s to servers from the VNX as per the request.
- Doing the Zoning Through CLI. Checking switch port errors, clearing counters on ports, port swapping operation in case of port failure.
- Assigning storage to hosts, by configuring storage groups, adding LUNs and hosts to the storage groups in the CLARiiON environment using Navisphere Manger.
- Storage provisioning to hosts by mapping devices and performing LUN masking in the Symmetrix environment using Symcli.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.