- Determine project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers.
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, or drills.
- Maneuver completed units into position for installation, and anchor the units.
- Inspect individual parts, assemblies, and installations for conformance to specifications and building codes, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micrometers.
- Assist in the assembly and disassembly of show productions at multiple local venues within Rochester ranging from small conferences at the convention center to large touring shows at the amphitheater.
- Responsible for show calls and band change overs.
- Experience in lighting, audio, video, backline, and carpentry.
- Work with other local production companies including CMI, Audio Images, and Northeastern.
- Control the lights and sound of events before and after performances, and during intermissions.
- Construct and position properties, sets, and lighting equipment.
- Prep stage and assemble, test, and adjust instruments, vocals, and other sound recording equipment.
- Mix and regulate sound inputs and feeds.
- Run spotlight
stagehand / student technician
- Assisted in technical and practical effect setup for theatrical performances and broke down equipment at the close of each show.
- Constructed and decorated set pieces and props per the technical director’s specifications.
- Worked with a team of 10-20 students to ensure all props and set pieces were in place and moved at the correct times during performances.
- Worked with stage technicians to ensure all lighting, sound, and all other technical equipment was operational and ready to use.
- Suspended line array speakers and rigged light fixtures
- Managed inventory for incoming and outgoing events
- Tested and repaired speakers and cables
- Picked up rentals and made deliveries