- Handling of all the deck gear activities including the cradling, topping and assisting in all kinds of operation in the vessel.
- Helping the carpenter in repair work.
- Keeping a proper vigil on any kind of obstacles during the journey, such as, icebergs or any other imminent danger.
- Responsible for loading and removing the cargo.
- Acting as a helmsman when called upon.
- Acting as a cargo watch during the loading and unloading of the cargo operations.
- Maintaining the cleanliness in the passageways and keeping it more hygienic for the passengers.
- Scanned seas while navigating ship to quickly spy obstacles, including fishnet and other vessel that could put vessel in danger
- Led basic operations and reported enemy movements to commanding officers
- Operated and maintained communications equipment
- Tracked personnel and supplies within company
- Served as a member of damage control, emergency and security alert teams
- Responsible for safely completing cargo transfer
- Assist in daily routine of maintenance for our working spaces
- Operating the machinery of the decks such as the winches and the windlass.
- Keeping a proper care of the maintenance of the ship and all of its operational gears.
- Assuming the duties of the man in charge of the lifeboat, as a seaman is a certified life boatman and can handle the lifeboat under sail.
- Sweep, mop, and wash down decks to remove oil, dirt, and debris, using brooms, mops, brushes, and hoses