- Working on shutdown crew in Whaleback/Eastern Ridge
- Utilizing various lifting equipment including cranes and chain blocks
- Gear box/ engine removal/ replacement
- Liaising between BHP staff, other contractor supervision and Freo management
- Operator of 25t Franna
- Advanced Rigging of multiple cranes crawlers/all-terrains up to 220t Grove
- Working with structural steel, lifting & pinning
- Extensive Rigging of tilt panels during construction
- Use of come-a-longs & chain blocks in construction
- The rigger knows how to attach cables or ropes to the load. That includes knowing the right hitches to tie, and the load they can support safely.
- Riggers can recognize any hazards associated with a lifting and moving job.
- A rigger can figure out where the center of gravity has to be on a load to keep everything stable.
- They can signal to communicate their meaning to other members of the crew.
- Riggers can use different types of rigging equipment such as slings, shackles, chokers and winches.
- They can move heavy equipment through confined spaces safely.
- A rigger can tilt, dip or turn suspended loads to avoid obstacles or hazards such as overhead power lines.
- Responsible for managing a team to construct hulls and decks to proper capping height
- Responsible for making sure work station is safe and clean
- In charge of doing routine, daily checks on overhead cranes
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, sub assemblies
- Operate or tend automated assembling equipment,
- File, lap, and buff parts to fit, using hand and power tools.or frames, using hand tools and power tools.
- Conducting scheduled maintenance as a rigger for shutdowns on mining sites in North QLD
- Worked on Mt Isa Mines, Xstrata, Glencorp, BHP Billiton, Icitec Pivot & Enerdrill QLD Mining sites
- Coal, Lead, Copper, Zinc, Silver & Sulpur site experience
- Rigging/ Dogging for 55 tonne to 220 tonne Leibherr Cranes
- Rigging/ Dogging for 50 tonne to 1oo tonne Kato Cranes
- Rigging/ Dogging for 20 &25 tonne Terrex Franna Cranes
- Erecting structural steel