- Maintained a no LTI incidence rate for the full duration of drilling campaign. 5+ years.
- Actively participating in rig’s safety program and auditing of safety management system compliance.
- Monitor and review crew’s training compliance.
- Liaise and monitor client’s daily drilling operations.
- Maintain metrics, reports process documentation, customer service logs.
- Resolve difficulties with transportation, logistics systems, imports, exports or customer issues.
- Collaborate with rig and shore based departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Reviewed original Tender Assist Drilling units design and recommended modifications.
- Resolved complications with transportation, logistics systems, imports, exports and supplier issues.
- Ensure QA/QC and delivery dates were met by shipyard and third party contractors.
- Supervise development of maintenance and warehouse systems.
- Liaise with manufactures and purchasing of owner furnished equipment.
- Assist shipyard management with improvements to safety record.
- Contractual bidding for prospective drilling operators/clients.
sr. rig manager
- Leader in developing / cultivating safety culture ( 14 years w/zero incidents ) across 24-man, multi-cultural crew
- Onsite management of drill crews and more than 20 million dollars worth of equipment
- Reduced rig cost by repairing rig motors, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, & hydraulic systems
- Reduced downtime through maintenance training
- Decreased Rig Move times by over 30% by proper planning and conducting 24-HR moves, safely & efficiently
- Proficient at interfacing with technical & operational personnel at all levels of the organization
- Wide knowledge of multiple types of rigs and their components (1500HP conventional, 2000 HP conventional, 1500 HP Omron & Amphion systems)
- Manage multi million dollar rigs
- Resolve problems concerning rigging up and down, drilling, transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Manage 35 multi-cultural crews
- Team building and Supervision
- Budgeting and Rig Costs
- Crew and Maintenance Management
- Ensures implementation and compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all work assigned to him/her is carried out in accordance with the instructions of the Operations manager.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with client personnel, ensuring effective operational performance and enhance new business opportunities.
- Shares technical knowledge and perceived commercial opportunities with the organization
- Promotes and ensures awareness of effective waste segregation and prevention of spillage, energy- and material waste, and emissions to air.
- Demonstrates clear (Safety) leadership and sets a high standard of quality, health and safety and environmental awareness to prevent incidents from happening.
- Takes an active role in emergency response.