repair technician/assistant shop foreman
- Repair, overhaul, or adjust trailer brake systems.
- Repair, overhaul, or re-wire trailer lights.
- Repair structural and frame components.
- Welded and fabricated need parts or brackets.
- Performed DOT inspections.
- Worked on any and all trailers, occasionally performed minor electrical, air, and brake work on semi trucks.
- Oversaw other repair techs, along with schedule appointments, and broke down man hours for billing when shop foreman was absent.
- Final Quality Checking
- have exprience in building or repairing cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, or power tools.
- Provided free troubleshooting and repair estimates for client approval.
- Ensured that store had replacement kits and spare parts for any planned repair and order them from manufacturers as required.
- Opened, disassembled, repaired, replaced parts, and reassembled units when done.
- Tested repaired units and advised clients when they could retrieve their units.
- Sold cell phone accessories to customers who visited the store.
- Administered all paperwork and kept inventory of merchandise and order parts.
- Assemble machines according to specifications, using hand or power tools, and measuring devices.
- Remove and replace defective parts such as coil leads, carbon brushes, and wires, using soldering equipment.
- Scrape and clean units or parts, using cleaning solvents and equipment such as buffing wheels.
- Sharpen tools such as saws, picks, shovels, screwdrivers, and scoops, either manually or by using bench grinders and emery wheels.
- Conducted diagnostic procedures to determine root cause of customer problems and provide accurate repair recommendations.
- Completed partial or full dismantling of equipment to quickly repair or replace defective components and restore functionality.
- Maintained inventory of repair supplies and ordered parts as needed.
- Assessed operating conditions and adjusted settings to maximize performance and equipment longevity.
- Accurately and efficiently installed equipment, including new line service and underground cables.
- Followed instructions, both orally and written from Bell CO regarding daily job tasks and duties.
- Tested electrical continuity and electrical wiring by using voltage meters, toners and headset.