- Review and evaluate cost estimates
- Ensure timely completion of estimates
- Understand scope of work to bid
- Prepare quotation/contract for clients
- Preparation and development of accurate job cost estimates, with onsite variation interpretation and schedule of rates
- Involvement in tender preparations, presentations, negotiations and submission of tenders in a timely manner and as required
- Management of profit margins and monitoring cost objectives set for all tenders
- Risk analysis and follow up ensuring tenders follow company processes and procedures
- Liaison, building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders i.e. engineers, architects, clients, suppliers etc
- Process tender information, work scopes and drawings as well as assist with inspection and testing identification requirements
- Regularly review business processes to identify improvement opportunities and implement changes
- Estimating Residential Ground up construction (Wood Framing/Rough Carpentry) and Commercial Fit-ups (Lite Gauge Metal Framing) ranging up to 500,000 SF.
- Generating quantities using ON SCREEN TAKEOFF and a detailed material list using PRO-EST Estimating Software.
- Generating a labor price based on the quantity takeoff and the detailed material list