- Over 20 years of safely, effectively and efficiently operating a commercial vehicle which includes Straight, Combination, Doubles, Triples and Tankers up to 80,000 lbs.
- Train new drivers to comply with all standards listed below.
- Works together with coworkers in a friendly helpful manner to achieve the goals of the company. Gives them support and help when they need it.
- Know regulations governing the transport of Hazardous Materials, ensure the load and transport complies with the regulations.
- Know regulations governing Hours of Service and operation of a Commercial Vehicle, plan ahead to ensure compliance.
- Complies with Logging Regulations using Electronic Log equipment such as XATA and PeopleNet or Paper log books.
- Perform Pre and Post Trip Inspections of equipment, have knowledge of it’s normal function, repair any abnormal or unsafe function to ensure the safety of the driver and the motoring public.
- Drive truck to specified destinations and deliver goods to designated locations across the country
- Check in and check out at destination; complete driver & gas logs
- Logged in excess of thousand of miles with no major incidents.
- Ensure that the correct freight and the correct amount is loaded and properly secured before transport.
- Answer questions about product and benefits.
- Constantly observe the motoring public for signs of unusual behavior, anticipate their action and plan ahead for a safe reaction. Always plan a way out of any situation, before it happens.
- Remain professional and courteous while obeying the laws on public roadways, even when sharing the road with those who are not.
- Preplan routes by comparing Manifests, Bill of Ladings and maps to safely and efficiently navigate U.S. roadways.
- Operate the vehicle in a pleasing manner, knowing that it is a mobile advertisement for the company.
- Maintain good personal hygiene and appearance with a smile around customers and the public, knowing that we are who they see, the face and the representatives of the company.
- Treat all customers with dignity and respect at all times, even if it is not returned. Resolve any errors, complaints or misunderstandings within the drivers control. Refer any issues that is not in the drivers control to management.
- Form friendly personal bonds between driver and regular customers.