- Performs detailed and relevant assessment and review the existing medical records
- Designing physiotherapy plans after the diagnosis of the patient and Evaluate effectiveness of treatment at various stages adjusts treatment to achieve maximum benefit
- Examining the muscles bones and joints by using the technique of inspection, palpation and manipulation
- Administer active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic treatments and heat, light, sound, water and electrical modality treatments, like ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared and hot cold packs
- Administer traction to relieve neck & back pain, using intermittent static traction equipment
- Provide patients with a meaningful rehab experience utilizing excellent clinical skills
- Conduct home visits as requested
- Provide homecare evaluation, treatment and case management of neuromuscular disorders, musculoskeletal trauma, acute and chronic pain, deformity or amputation, cardiac or pulmonary disease, or other disabling conditions.
- Carry out treatment of 5-6 patient equivalent daily
- Document evaluation findings, establish goals and develop treatment plans.
- Delegate to and supervise physical therapy assistants.
- Provide education to other disciplines in performance of Oasis assessments.
- Represent the VNA at quarterly rehabilitation Home Care Association meetings
- Act as a superuser for EPIC upgrades in role as a subject matter expert
- Educate patients on topics such as, ergonomics, stretching, exercise, the healing process, and breathing.
- Apply heat or cold therapy to patients.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient follow up program
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, physicians, occupational therapists, speech therapists and other health care providers.
- Examine patients to assess mobility, strength, and functional limitations
- Provide outpatient medical management of neuromuscular disorders, musculoskeletal trauma, acute and chronic pain, and other disabling conditions
- Diagnose and treat performance-related conditions such as sports injuries or repetitive motion injuries.
- Develop and implement comprehensive plans for immediate and long-term rehabilitation including therapeutic exercise, neuromuscular re-education, therapeutic activities, manual therapy, and modalities
- Coordinate care for patients with musculoskeletal disorders in a multi-specialty clinic
- Diagnose and treat patients using research-based interventions
- Document patient encounters using the AllScripts software
- Communicate with medical doctors, chiropractors, occupational therapists, and acupuncturists on a daily basis to coordinate care and ensure successful outcomes for each patient
- Make recommendations for durable medical equipment (DME) when necessary