- Collect specimens from patients.
- Answer phone calls to assist patients and other health care workers/facilities to the best of my ability.
- Stock supplies.
- Run test on specimens collected.
- File and fill out paperwork.
- Collect and tag specimens exactly as outlined in each medical requisition.
- Develop effective collection techniques as they relate to groups such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Properly package each specimen and ensure that every specimen is delivered to the laboratory on time.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area based on state health laws and the guidelines of our medical organization.
- Answer patient questions regarding collection techniques and offer additional resources on the collection process if a patient requests them .
- Go from room to room collecting the right specimen for what the doctor has ordered and needs for the test to be performed accurately.
- Always being prepared for the emergency room patients, to collect on a seconds notice, to also be able to collect on hard stick patients in less than 2 sticks.
- Well over 20,000+ sticks
- All aspects of phlebotomy from neonatal to geriatric
- Collection of blood specimens from patients.
- Maintain and follow standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.
- Adhere to local, state and federal laws, regulations and statutes.
- Establish or monitor quality assurance programs or activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Draw blood
- Drug screens (DOT and non-DOT)
- Blood Alcohol testing (DOT and non-DOT)
- Run and maintain iStat testing equipment
- Provide technical information about test results to physicians or nurses