- Partnered with the teacher to plan and implement lessons following the school’s curriculum, goals, and objectives
- Reviewed lesson material with students individually or in small groups
- Provided one-on-one and small group reading instruction to over small groups of students falling behind in their academic skills
- Introduced read-aloud literature to stimulate imagination and build comprehension and vocabulary
- Tutored struggling students individually and in small groups to reinforce learning concepts
- Attending physical needs of children
- Managing records and IEP`s of students
- Conducting parental involvement activities
- Assisting in classroom management
- Collaborated and conferred with another educator to plan and develop activities promoting learning, following approved curricula
- Delivered creative and interactive activities to students of developing academic skills and abilities while establishing literary and arithmetic competence
- Adopted teaching methodologies to organize healthy group discussion and mentor struggling students
- Met with other professionals to discuss individual students’ needs and progress
- Counseled students with adjustment or academic problems, or special academic interests
- Conferred with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems
- Provide extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and mental disabilities.
- Carry out therapeutic regimens such as behavior modification and personal development programs, under the supervision of special education instructors, psychologists, or speech-language pathologists.
- Conduct demonstrations to teach such skills as sports, dancing, and handicrafts.
- Assist librarians in school libraries.
- Work in a Functional Learning classroom, assisting the teacher with block lessons and planned activities.
- Work with students, one on one, assisting them in their various tasks.
- Help to prepare materials and the classroom for class activities.
- Help students to navigate their school environment safely and appropriately.
- Supervise students who go out into the community for Career Lab.