- Responded to customer trouble reports by opening tickets and actively troubleshooting network issues.
- Maintained and closed resolved trouble tickets.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting up to Layer 3.
- Experience provisioning and configuring equipment from multiple vendors including Cisco, Ciena, Fujitsu, Infinera, and Lucent-Alcatel.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting, testing, and provisioning SONET circuits up to the OC192 level.
- Built in turned up new equipment including assembling the chassis, slotting optics and cards, and running fiber jumpers.
- Compiled and maintained lists of circuits effected by network maintenance events from given data and made sure the appropriate parties were notified.
senior noc technician
- Respond to alerts and reports to outages in production during shift and while on call (one week per month)
- Deploy api endpoints to production servers in AWS
- Develop our expanding playbook
- Assist in alert tuning
- Troubleshoot marketplace configurations
- Interface with Operations and Service centers
- Implement, maintain, and repair routing, IP switching, firewalls, and remote access protocols.
- Create reports on up time, bandwidth usage, server utilization, and other key metrics.
- Monitor automated and end user incident and outage reporting, troubleshoot, and resolve problems.
- Provide direct customer support.
- Responsible for carrying out monitoring operations.