- Preside as main director over musical programs and oversee production.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts.
- Select music for church services.
- Direct band members at rehearsals.
- Plan and schedule rehearsals.
- Study and perform musical pieces from memory.
- Alter musical tone, key, tempo, etc. to accommodate singers and fellow musicians.
- Run weekly rehearsals
- Lead worship during church
- Coordinate and direct kids band for special occasions
- Special event coordination (Easter, Christmas)
- Communicate to actors the approach, characterization, and sound needed for each scene in such a way that rehearsals and takes are minimized.
- Establish pace of rehearsals according to time requirements and cast and set accessibility.
- Observe and evaluate cast memebers’ work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement.
- Hold auditions for parts for specific roles, working in conjunction with producers.
- Introduce the shows, and meet with the audience afterwards to understand how the show was interpreted.
- Plan and coordinate rehearsals, selecting music and directing performers each day.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet performers’ varying needs, abilities, and interests.
- Seek out and learn new music that is suitable for live performance and/or recording. on a weekly basis for religious services every Sunday.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as discussions or demonstrations.