- Assessed equipment regularly by conducting instrument function inspections and calibrations.
- Evaluated body fluids and tissue samples to document findings such as normal or abnormal results.
- Conducted multiple tests at once using automated equipment and computerized instruments.
- Applied knowledge of microbiology, chemistry and hematology daily.
- Conduct quality analyses of specimen samples
- Capable of Multi-tasking in the area of laboraory
- Analyze laboratory findings with accuracy and precision
- Modify methods on analysis of body constituents through experiments
- Prepares specimens and performs Blood Bank procedures used in diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Ensures compliance with government requirements, hospital policies and Blood Bank procedures.
- Communicates test results effectively with physicians, pathologists, and nursing staff.
- Maintains ASCP certification
- Analyzing bloods and blood products in order to provide diagnoses.
- Interpreting and entering results.
- Performing quality controls to ensure instruments are functioning accurately and precise.
- Phoning out Critical results to doctors.
- Performing inter-laboratory comparison tests.
- Received and set-up specimens to be processed in the machines.
- Operated and maintained sysmex XN 9000 hematology analyzer for CBC and automated differential.
- Handled manual differential cell count in hematology for identification of various normal and abnormal blood cells.
- Conducted body fluids cell count and differential.
- Covered special coagulation section as acting senior, performed all special tests including lupus, thrombophilia testing, platelet aggregation, factors and inhibitor assays, and recently implemented new tests to monitor emicizumab medication for hemophilia patients.
- Performed quality control, maintenance, and troubleshooting protocols on all instruments as required to ensure accurate running of all test procedures based on CAP standards.
- Participated in several CAP inspections as certified inspector for hematology and coagulation sections.