- Collect and study blood samples to determine the number of cells, their morphology, and blood type.
- Operate, calibrate, or maintain equipment used in quantitative or qualitative analysis, such as spectrophotometers, and computer-controlled analyzers.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses in Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Clinical Microscopy and Parasitology, Immunology and Serology and Bacteriology departments.
- Compile data for use in diagnosing patients.
- Maintain a
- Set up, clean, and maintain laboratory equipment.nd follow standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.
- Analyze physical findings and medical histories to make diagnoses according to Oriental medicine traditions
- Analyze laboratory findings to check the accuracy of the results..
- Proficient in all departments of the laboratory (Hematology, Chemistry, Bloodbank, and Microbiology) and duties with each of those departments on all shifts.
- Assists on Bone Marrow collections and performs B.A.T. & Drug Collections, Phlembotomy, and Bleeding Times.
- Works at Satellite Healthplexes and Main Hospitals. Familiar with analyzers, maintenance, and policies on all shift for those locations.
- Knowledge of Abbot Precision Web(PWEB) online interface and troubleshooting of Abbot I-Stat and Glucometers.
- Maintained the infectious disease lab (Ebola Lab).
- Assist with training or directing lab assistants, new medical laboratory technicians or technologists, students, or other medical laboratory workers engaged in laboratory testing or processing.
- Extraction of blood samples.
- Performing laboratory tests and analyzing the outcome.
- Compile data such as those that is used in DOH compliance, NEQAS results, and recording of patient results.
- Perform routine system administrative functions such as troubleshooting of machinery, and running of controls.
- Releasing of results to the patients following the guidelines for confidentiality.
- Helped other healthcare professionals with their laboratory works.
- I volunteered as a phlebotomist during blood letting activity of every barangay of the Province of South Cotabato.
- Preparing cultures of tissue samples
- Establishing and monitoring programs that ensure data accuracy