- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies/tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problem.
- Lay out and draw scheatic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Confer with customer representatives to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to installation of systems.
- Draw freehand sketches of designs, trace finished drawings onto designated paper for the reproduction of blueprints, and reproduce working drawings on copy machines.
- Lay out,draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.