- Conducted and assisted in plant research, including the collection of information and samples, such as water, soil, and plant tissue.
- Isolated, prepared, and examined specimens.
- Monitored laboratory work to ensured compliance with set standards.
- Cleaned, maintained, and prepared supplies and work areas.
- Retrieve specimens from various storage locations.
- Sort specimens by temperature and location of referral lab.
- Verify test site, stability/temperature, type, volume and order are compliant with lab requirements.
- Batch specimens on packaging lists according to testing site and temperature.
- Maintain a close working relationship with client services of all referral labs as well as Kaiser.Referral Labs include: Quest Diagnostics (Chantilly,VA and San Juan Capistrano, CA, ARUP, Ambry Genetics, Myriad, Bostwick, Mayo Clinic, Esoterix, Athena, Gene DX, NTD, and various others).
- Troubleshoot specimen problems, retrieve extra specimen as needed to avoid re-draw of patients.
- Work with Laboratory billing to verify correct CPT coding for various testing.
- Prepared chemicals and protein crystals for biological research of Methane Monooxygenase protein.
- Maintained laboratory safe-working environment for all lab personnel.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the inoculum production process, such as inspectors, machine setters.
- Develop biocontrol strains for Aflasafe registered country in Africa