- Perform daily task following standard operating procedure.
- Maintain high averaged performance with excellent rating.
- follow safety precautions.
- Create camaraderie.
- Assist with molecular biology-based research projects
- Perform highly technical diagnostic tests such as DNA/RNA extraction, Polymerase Chain Reaction, Gel Electrophoresis
- Analyze experimental data and interpret results to write reports and summaries of findings
- Develop, standardize, evaluate, or modify procedures, techniques, or tests used in the analysis of specimens or in medical laboratory experiments.equipment
- Keep detailed logs of all work-related activities
- Receive and open specimens delivered to the laboratory for analysis.
- Review and document acceptability of specimen and chain of custody form.
- Scan each sample in to computer, print out label, pour into vials for testing.
- Clean and maintain work area daily.
- Adherence to all security procedures for ensuring confidentiality of donor information.
- Adherence to all established guidelines outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Lifting laboratory containers, up to 25 pounds.
- Analyze organic or inorganic compounds to determine chemical or physical properties, composition, structure, relationships, or reactions, using chromatography, spectroscopy, or spectrophotometry techniques.Operation and Calibration of laboratory equipment
- Verifying product quality and productivity using various analytical results against specifications
- Completing required documentation accurately to the expectations of Quality Operations, whilst reporting deviations and recommended corrective actions
- Ensuring product and processes are compliant with GMPs, Health Canada, CFIA/FDA regulations
- Supervised under biological technicians and technologists and other scientists.
- Performed research projects at university and local public health laboratory .
- Performed automated and manual test procedures on blood samples to assure the safety, potency and purity of the blood supply.
- Adhere to explicit standard operating procedures and performing all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements.