it intern (full time summer)
- Replacing and installing printers, and toner cartridges.
- Setting up offices for new employees with the computer and peripherals they need.
- Setting up conference rooms for meetings. (Testing and setting up projectors, speakers, and microphones before meetings)
- Assisting coworkers by going to rig locations and replacing APC battery backups onto server racks, and checking with employees at those locations to see if they had any problems that needed to be resolved.
- Maintaining stockroom inventory. (Counted the inventory of all IT equipment, added the information into a database, and put in request orders for inventory we needed)
- Over the phone support and following up with customers.
- Completing work orders in a timely manner.
- Shadowed staff and gained knowledge about network administration
- Developed scripts to mass install required software on network machines
- Identified and solved computer issues for employees
- Deployed antivirus software to unprotected devices remotely
- Undertook CCNA training and was offered internship due to the outstanding delivery of duties and clear ability with self-marketing skills.
- managed IFFCO’s computer network throughout the county.
- analyzed and supervised the reports using Ms Excel
- Learnt to integrate my classroom knowledge and theory with practical application and skills developed in professional or community settings.
- Tested application & websites, worked on JIRA projects, created databases, designed presentation & ﬂowcharts and did general IT tasks everyday.
- Resolve issue related to Windows, network connectivity, as well as problem associated with software and hardware errors .
- Install software applications, hardware peripherals and devices, update software and hardware drivers as needed, upgrade computers.
- Install and maintenance local printers, setup network printers, configure print servers.
- Perform daily back- ups of local servers, data recovery.
- Reviewed Splunk and Logwatch (computer security logs)
- Drafted user policies regarding Internet use
- Maintained and Updated the Court’s Intranet (private) site
- Wiped computers clean for recycling purposes
- Wrote 2 articles for the Local Bankruptcy Bar Association (“The Pros and Cons of Cyber Insurance” and “Mobile Device Attacks and How to Prevent Them”)
- Reviewed Firewall traffic, Malwarebytes, and other computer applications
- Talked with and shadowed the Internal Revenue Service