- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Maintain computers in classrooms and laboratories and assist students with hardware and software use.
- Grade homework and tests, and compute and record results, using answer sheets or electronic marking devices.
- Take class attendance and maintain attendance records.
- Prepare lesson outlines and plans in assigned subject areas and submit outlines to teachers for review.
- Participate in teacher-parent conferences regarding students’ progress or problems.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees, as required.
- Ensures the health, safety, and well-being of all the children.
- Cleaning and sanitizing toys and class equipment.
- Communicate with children’s parents about daily activities, behaviors, and other related issues
- Preparing materials for class activities
- Creating & Implementing lesson plans.
- Plans and participates in parent teacher conferences
- Limited supervision of other Instructional assistants and youth workers.
- Provides one on one direct behavioral intervention with children/youth.
- Serves as a positive role model for the child/youth.
- Provides time-structuring activities.
- Provides immediate behavioral reinforcements.
- Provides appropriate time-out strategies.
- Develops behavioral treatment plans with input of treatment team.
- Provides cognitive behavioral approaches, such as cognitive restructuring, use of hierarchies, and graduated exposure.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Collaboration with and support for the family caregivers’ efforts to provide a positive environment for the child/youth.
- Assists the child/youth to engage in, or remain engaged in, appropriate activities.
- Assist classroom teacher in multiple classrooms, autism and related challenges, ages 3-15
- Utilize discrete trial teaching and natural environment teaching for goal implementation
- Assist in conducting VB-MAPP
- Helps to minimize the child/youth’s impulsive behavior.