- Schedule appointments, answer phones, and check in and out dogs and owners for grooming appointments.
- Safely handle, bathe, dry, and fully groom a variety of dogs.
- Be able to safely stand, walk, and lift large dogs for full shifts.
- Remain calm and comfortable around a large variety of dogs of different sizes and temperaments.
- Assist with summer obedience and agility classes.
- Ran an entire grooming/boarding shop
- Provided customers with a quality grooming experience
- Took care of customers dogs when they were away
- Handled customers directly to ensure they were satisfied
groomer / cleaner
- Feeding the animals and giving the right dogs the right mix of food and medications if any were needed
- Bathing and drying dogs, prepping them to be groomed
- Putting dogs outside into play pens with other dogs they got along with
- Making sure the stud ( male dogs that were not fixed and used for breeding) dogs did not come in contact with each other
- Calling guests that had appointments to remind them of there upcoming appointments
- Cleaning the shop, taking out the trashes, cleaning the yards, the tubs, putting away the grooming supplies, sweeping and moping, and doing the dishes in preparation for the morning
- retrieving the dogs as their owners came for pick up
- Trimmed and styled animal coats according to owner instructions and breed standards.
- Prioritized animal safety and comfort at all times.
- Worked with animals to help resolve behavior problems.
- Mentored less experienced staff on caring for and socializing animals.
- Check dogs in an out
- Maintain a clean environment for animals and customers
- Groom dogs
- Take dogs outside