- Fasten glass panes into wood sashes or frames with clips, points, or moldings, adding weather seals or putty around pane edges to seal joints.
- Secure mirrors in position, using mastic cement, putty, bolts, or screws.
- Cut and attach mounting strips, metal or wood moldings, rubber gaskets, or metal clips to surfaces in preparation for mirror installation.
- Fabricate or install metal sashes or moldings for glass installation, using aluminum or steel framing.
- Determine plumb of walls or ceilings, using plumb lines and levels.
- Measure mirrors and dimensions of areas to be covered to determine work procedures.
- Cut, fit, install, repair, or replace glass or glass substitutes, such as plastic or aluminum, in building interiors or exteriors or in furniture or other products.
- Cut and remove broken glass prior to installing replacement glass.
- Operate cranes or hoists with suction cups to lift large, heavy pieces of glass.
- Set glass doors into frames and bolt metal hinges, handles, locks, or other hardware to attach doors to frames and walls.
- Select the type or color of glass or mirror according to specifications.
- Cut, assemble, fit, or attach metal-framed glass enclosures for showers, bathtubs, display cases, skylights, solariums, or other structures.
- Drive trucks to installation sites and unload mirrors, glass equipment, or tools.
- Install pre-assembled metal or wood frameworks for windows or doors to be fitted with glass panels, using hand tools.
- Assemble, erect, or dismantle scaffolds, rigging, or hoisting equipment.
- Shipment receiving/ loading
- Gather material for task at hand
- Install certain material per details
- Glaze window systems
- Water proofing windows
- Responsible for the measure, delivery, installation, and maintenance of framed, semi-frameless, and frameless shower enclosures.
- Measure, cut, seam/polish, and install mirrors, including specialty pattern cuts, as well as framed or inset installation.
- Operate lifts safely to install glass.
- Measure and install curtain wall, closers, storefronts, or any other commercial units.