eligibility worker, food stamps and medical
- Interviewed and Determined eligibility for Food Stamps and Medical
- Recorded and Evaluated personal and financial data obtained from clients
- Calculated budgets utilizing computer program
- Answered phone calls from clients in a call center environment
- Made referrals to clients for other public services based individual needs
- Determine eligibility and approve, modify, deny or terminate client eligibility for financial assistance programs.
- Perform data entry on, and retrieve information from multiple county and state computer systems. (MAXIS, MMIS, and Mets)
- Interview clients and obtain the required verifications for an initial determination or continuing eligibility.
- Ongoing case management and maintain complete and accurate records on client eligibility for all assigned programs.
- Provide direct service and support to individuals or clients, such as interviewing, collection of documentation, data entry, initial and ongoing eligibility processing, policy review and clarification.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in community.
- Act as mentor to agency staff and other community agencies and facilities regarding the interpretation of program-related federal, state, and county regulations and policies.