- Perform basic commercial electrical and low voltage system duties, assisting more experienced employees
- Perform trenching and excavating duties, as well as install underground conduit as needed
- Saw, drill, cut, and grind as required
- Perform all cleanup tasks as assigned
- Receive and deliver materials to employees
- Install devices, trim, and lamp fixtures as needed
- Follow established safety standards at all times
- Read blueprints and apply knowledge when necessary
- Move and install heavy equipment when required
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Install electrical components, equipment, or systems
- Install boxes.
- Install light fixtures and outlets.
- Inspect electrical circuits during and after construction for structural quality, general safety, or conformance to specifications and codes.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws. to ensure that installation is performed properly and is in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Reads, interprets, and executes drawings, schematics, blueprints, and electrical code specifications to see layout of commercial electrical equipment installations
- Tests electrical and equipment and parts for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance
- Installs repairs, or replaces electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic, and line assemblies, lighting, and alternative electrical parts
- Complies with standards and procedures of industry, Safety Manual, and abide by safety rules.
- Set up and test industrial equipment to ensure that it functions properly
- Commercial jobs at C&P Electrical that we led and organized are as follows:
- Install fire alarms for schools
- Set up lighting and outlets