Dog Trainer Resume Examples
- Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behavior; notifying veterinarians or managers as warranted.
- Train workers in animal care procedures, maintenance duties, and safety precautions.
- Treat animal illnesses or injuries, following experience or instructions of veterinarians.
- Assign tasks such as feeding and treatment of animals, and cleaning and maintenance of animal quarters.
- Perform the same animal care duties as subordinates.
- Prepare reports concerning facility activities, employees’ time records, and animal treatment.
- Plan budgets and arrange for purchase of animals, feed, or supplies.
- Train dogs in human assistance or property protection duties.
- Conduct training programs in order to develop and maintain desired animal behaviors for competition, entertainment, obedience, security, riding and related areas.
- Operate euthanasia equipment to destroy animals.
- Examine animals for injuries or malnutrition, and arrange for any necessary medical treatment.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws and/or policies.
- Conduct classes, workshops, and demonstrations to teach principles, techniques, or methods in training.
- Collaborate with other team members professionals in the development of instructional programs.
- Obedience training dogs using knowledge of breed characteristics, training methods, and the peculiarities of each ani
- Assist with duties in other areas of the store, such as monitoring animal care and assisting guests.
- Also cross-trained in the grooming salon:
- Update and maintain customer information records, such as services provided.
dog trainer/guest advisor
- Maintain animal health and wellness.
- Set daily goals and targets for individual team members.
- Promote Dog Training Sales, and deliver effective communication and training.
- Supply animals with food, water, and personal care.
dog trainer/guest experience specialist
- Acting as a subject matter expert for Petco’s Positive Dog Training Program, products, services, and in-store promotions
- Coaching, encouraging and motivating dogs and pet parents
- Effectively deliver formal presentations
- Achieve Dog Training goals by offering creative training solutions
- Assisting in the loading, unloading, and stocking of merchandise
- Ensuring that store animals receive the highest quality care and are maintained in clean, safe and secure habitats
- Preparing new dog owners of the importance of early training.
- Teaching basic commands such as sit, down, come, and stay.
- Preparing each dog for the canine good citizen.
- Ensuring a dog and owner coexist happily and lessening the chance of re-homing
- Eradicating unhealthy and unwanted behaviors
- Helping dog owners with difficult behavioral issues such as fear aggression, leash aggression, and separation anxiety
- Educating owners about the importance of proper nutrition, regular vet check ups, and appropriate toys for each life stage
- Clean facilities and equipment such as dog pens and animal control trucks.
- Educate the public about animal welfare, and animal control laws and regulations.
- Organize the adoption of unclaimed animals.
- Cue or signal animals during performances.
- Teach classes and private sessions to dog owners.
- Responsible for handling payments and record keeping.
- Perform puppy evaluations and service dog consolations.
- Demonstrations with my own dog for school and community groups.
- Conduct training programs in order to develop and maintain desired animal behaviors for competition, entertainment, obedience, and security.
- Keep records documenting animal health, diet, or behavior.
- Create personalized training plans.
- Answer inquiries from the public concerning dog behavior.
- Train dogs in human assistance.
- Conduct training programs in order to develop and maintain desired animal behaviors for competition, entertainment, obedience, service work, therapy work, and general good behavior.
- Oversee Canine Good Citizen and S.T.A.R. Puppy evaluations through the American Kennel Club
- Keep records of class attendance for dog and handler teams.
- Explain and demonstrate exercises in a group class environment.
- Address questions and concerns from clients and develop plan to address concerns.
- Conduct classes, workshops, and demonstrations to teach techniques, or methods.
- Talk to or interact with animals to familiarize them to human voices or contact.
- Shampoo, rinse, condition and dry hair and skin with water, liquid soap, dryers, and/or other solutions.
- Demonstrate and sell products.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.