- Bathing, drying and grooming of dogs.
- Answering phones, scheduling appointments for groomers.
- Building rapport with my clients.
- Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behavior; notifying managers or veterinarians as warranted.
- Cleaning, disinfecting kennels, work space and equipment.
- Critical thinking to be able to work with animals that are unpredictable and determine the best course of action to create a successful groom.
- Respond calmly and efficiently in times of emergency or high stress/ busy environment.
- Started with a workload of 5 dogs per day and improved to at least ten dogs per day contributing to increased revenue for the shop.
- Facilitate professional relationships with clients promoting repeat business and encouraging new business.
- Built a strong repeat customer base to stay consistently booked by providing excellent customer service.
- Supervise other groomers and bathers when owner is not available.
- Provide information to clients on purchasable grooming products and generate more sales.
- Cleaned and maintained the grooming room and equipment
- Washing and grooming dogs. My part of the job was to wash and dry the dogs and then my coworker would do the haircut.
- Mastered the ability to perform quality breed cuts quickly and efficiently.
- Scheduling of grooming appointments and processing register transactions
- Bathe and groom dogs.
- Answer phone calls to answer customer questions, schedule appointments, and take messages.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as cleaning personal work space, shared work space, and reception area.
- Demonstrated the ability to work long periods of time standing
- Maintained kennels.
- Kept areas sanitary and to meet health code regulations.
- Reported and attended to animal illness.
- Groomed and Bathed animals.
- Show and Breeding Grooming.