- cut and prepared charcuterie
- prepared food displays for the restaurant including ice baths for seafood
- prepared food for dietary requirements
- organised food ordering and stock take
- received and stored supplies
- communicated with in house guests and patrons while serving their meals
- managed functions and worked with a team to produce food for venues
- Assisting and supporting colleagues and manager in a team environment.
- Assisting the servers when the place get busy and maintain a good relationship.
- Ensures all equipment is in working order and report any items in need of repair
- Do inventory on the products that is use to make the meal preparation
- Prepare and cook food orders with a sense of urgency
- Determine production schedules to ensure timely delivery of food.
- Instruct cooks in the preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food.
- Determine how food should be presented to create decorative food displays.
- Check temperatures of freezers and refrigerators to ensure proper functioning.
- Order, receive, and store stock supplies.
commis chef (ojt)
- Prepare dough, following recipe.
- Check raw ingredients for maturity or stability for processing and finished products for safety, quality, and nutritional value.
- Inspect food processing areas to ensure compliance with government regulations and standards for sanitation, safety, quality, and waste management standards.
- gained extensive knowledge in a range of alcohol, wines and gins in particular
- Mise-en-place and preparation of ala carte menu items.
- Assisting the chef in food preparation.
- Follow the FIFO rule to avoid any wastage.
- Ensure hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen area all the time.
- Responsible for cleanliness and sanitization of all equipment in an appropriate hygienic manner.
- Ensure appropriate and professional communication with all the team members at all times.