- Create and maintain a safe environment for all students on the bus
- Ride buses and help drivers ensure safe and orderly transportation of students with and without disabilities
- Lift and carry students with disabilities on and off the bus according to their individual needs
- Supervise students as they board and leave the bus and cross the street
bus attendant/class assistant
- Support the school curriculum ,especially literacy,and numeracy activities.
- Help with getting special needs Children on and off the school bus.
- Communicate with Parents with how there child is doing on the bus.
- Communicate with Teachers and classroom Technicians.
- Assists students entering and exiting school buses.
- Lift physically disabled students onto and off of school buses.
- Fastens various types of seat belts around students as a precautionary measure.
- Maintains order and discipline on school buses.
- Refers misbehaved students to school principles for disciplinary actions.
- Complete routing list and related transportation form for the purpose of communicating sequence of stops.