- Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in the skill of bicycle repair and maintenance.
- Lead STEM initiative in concordance with grants and district policy.
- Conduct classroom duties such as disciplinary measures to maintain a learning environment.
- Establish safety check protocol to mitigate risk of student injury from repaired bicycles.
bicycle mechanic/ retail assistant
- Repair bicycles using knowledge gained from training and self taught knowledge.
- Gave input at staff meetings to try and further the business.
- Use of hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, sockets, and precision instruments.
- General bicycle maintenance and repair
- Diagnosed and provided estimates to customers for their bicycle repairs.
- Assembled and repaired several types of bikes and ensured that they were in good condition for sale.
- Restored bicycles including rebuilding suspension forks, building wheel sets and hydraulic disc brakes.
- Worked under minimum supervision.
- Provided mechanical service to existing and prospective mountain, road, and hybrid bicycle customers.
- Assembled and serviced bicycles from a wide variety of makes and models.
- Diagnosed common bicycle maintenance issues and performed all repairs from basic maintenance to complete overhauls of hydraulic brakes and suspension systems
- Established trust and good relationships with customers by answering questions concerning the maintenance and basic operation of their bicycles
- Prioritized jobs to ensure customers received timely service
- Led troubleshooting and final inspections on particularly difficult and involved projects.
- Trained new employees on bicycle assemblies, repairs, opening and closing procedures
- Maintained keys to the company location and conducted opening and closing operations
- Record repairs required, parts used, and labor time. Maintaining the stock of parts and pricing repairs based on set price points.
- Working with a cash register and calling customers to notify them their repairs had been completed.
- Follow routines to complete tasks in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Cleaning work station and displays of goods in the shop.
- Interacting with customers to create a positive environment based off of customer loyalty.