- Responsible for the management and supervision of school-wide culture systems.
- Facilitate weekly Pupil Services Meetings
- 10th and 12th Grade Level Administrator
- Monitor and Implement student attendance interventions
- Assist the principal in interviewing and evaluating instructional and non-instructional staff.
- Supervise instructional and non-instructional staff.
- Help create school-wide goals including those related to student learning and student behavior.
- Manage student behavioral issues including those in the cafeteria along with those referred by teachers and bus drivers.
- Supervise or arrange for supervision of student activities both during and after school hours including school assemblies, athletic activities, and music and drama productions.
- Share responsibility for setting and meeting the school’s budget.
- Set up the academic schedule for teachers and students.
- Confer with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems.
- Collaborate with teachers to develop and maintain curriculum standards, develop mission statements, and set performance goals and objectives.
- Observe teaching methods and examine learning materials to evaluate and standardize curricula and teaching techniques, and to determine areas where improvement is needed.
- Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate primary and supplemental staff.
- Evaluate curricula, teaching methods, and programs to determine their effectiveness, efficiency, and utilization, and to ensure that school activities comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Counsel and provide guidance to students regarding personal, academic, vocational, or behavioral issues.
- Determine allocations of funds for staff, supplies, materials, and equipment, and authorize purchases.
assistant principal/myp coordinator
- Responsible for management and supervision of IB Middle Years Programme partnership between two schools
- Created systems for behavior management, communication, and supervision
- Developed professional development based on CCT and identified teacher needs
- Helped coordinate international student exchange program with Sct. Knuds School (Odense, Denmark)
- Assigned as the special education administrator to oversee and ensure policies/practices were implemented with fidelity: meeting all compliance requirements and individualizing supports based on student needs. Supports were provided to staff via professional development and one-on-one conferencing.
- Provided professional development to administrative staff, teachers, and support personnel on the basics of Skillful Teacher. Various instructional strategies were implemented school-wide with monitoring/support provided.
- Assigned as the PBIS administrator to plan, implement, and monitor initiatives specific to the platform.
- Re-aligned the science curriculum at the middle school to meet the needs of this school and support student achievement. Assisted teachers with a textbook adoption process to meet the needs of this initiative.
- Created a Life-Science center to support science instruction at the middle school.
- Designed various community events with the goal of bringing families into the school environment and engage with teachers, support staff, and administrative personnel: Night of Innovation, school talent show, SOL preparation, science community center, etc.
- Observed teaching methods and examined learning materials to evaluate and standardized curricula.