- Monitoring and Managing Finances
- Helps guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance
- Recruiting New Board Members
- Establishing the Organization’s Mission and Purpose
- Serve on Committees
- Attend board meetings
- Researching and analyzing theatre theorists and their impact on the development of acting.
- Applying concepts and theory to acting methods.
- Conceptualizing, designing, and constructing functional sets for shows.
- Setting up and striking sets for shows.
- Conferring with technical directors, managers, crew members, and writers to discuss details of production, such as photography, script, music, sets, and costumes.
- Study and research scripts to determine how characters should be portrayed.
- Consulting with writers, producers, or actors about script changes, or “workshop” scripts, through rehearsal with writers and actors to create final performances.
- Make the experience enjoyable for the customers.
- Do not break character when groups are walking thru.
- Interpretting stage-set diagrams to determine stage layouts, and supervise placement of equipment and scenery.
- Selecting plays or scripts for production (include the cutting and reworking of scripts), and determine how material should be interpreted and performed.
- Currently-on-air Telemundo’s telenovela “Sangre de mi Tierra”
- Acting and projecting for extended periods of time, running through multiple plays and performing multiple shows per day.
- Following direction under the play creative and art director.
- Collaborating with other actors and technicians.
actress/stage crew/stage manager/photographer
- Researches and memorizes scripts and background information on the production itself.
- Works with the costume department to ensure that all costumes and props are correct and delivered on time.
- Assists in setting up props and other items for a production.
- Addresses and resolves any technical difficulties during rehearsals and performances.
- Ensures that all actors and actresses are prepared for a performance.
- Provides stage directions and cues to actors during rehearsals and performances as necessary.
- Maintains log of rehearsal activity, Script changes, and official performances.