More Job Descriptions for :
linux administrator/ cloud engineer
- Account management for work place environment users. Setting up user accounts, assign privileges and user permissions.
- Installation and setup of volume management for data backup and storage. Additionally using logical volume management (LVM) on Linux platforms
- Creating cron tasks that run automation scripts
- Performed routine management of Linux environment like monitoring Disk Space and CPU Utilization.
- Wrote shell scripts to automatically push logs to remote server.
- Currently working for Walmart Server Support
- Deal in regards to all server issues(for eg. load,file,login etc.) with full root access to servers.
- Work with clients to get issues addressed,diagnosed and resolve within SLA ( Service Level Agreement).
- Also provide support to handheld and Digital workstation.
- Platform servers support:Linux,Windows and VMware.
- Obtained Star performer of month 4 times, taking into consideration the ability to resolve maximum number of issues with versatility in types of issues , clearing the queue without breaching SLA and maximum logged in hours to provide best possible support to client.
- Workload Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain logs related to servers functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
- Analyze and report security breaches or attempted breaches.
- Back up server data.
- Deploying Openstack cloud in private virtual environment
- Handling Firewall ports.
- Configuring servers like DNS , DHCP , Mail servers.
- Dealing with containers like Docker, Docker Swarm , LXC
- Worked as Unix Administrator to provide support for UNIX environment.
- Building Linux server per application team requirement/specifications and further support.
- Initiated Various SIP (Systems Improvement Plans) in-order to stabilize the Unix Environment
- Implemented Redhat Satellite which provides the tools to efficiently deploy, update, monitor and manage Redhat systems
- Initiated a project to Migrate Servers running on different Unix flavors to REDHAT in order to maintain a REDHAT Based Environment
- Responsible for Building Redhat workstations for the developers and configure LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) in order to provide the development based Environment to the PHP developers.
- Troubleshooting and fixing various apache related issues and also responsible for code movement as required by development team