More Job Descriptions for :
sr. infrastructure architect
- Design and implement the IT Infrastructure Roadmap
- Recommend new solutions that improve productivity and give Glu a competitive advantage
- Developed a global VMware ESX based server virtualization architecture that resulted in a 40% reduction in data center space and power costs and reduced server provisioning times by half.
- Developed a consolidated global infrastructure for Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync, scaled for 22,000 users that reduced the need for several data centers to just two.
- Technical project lead for several server, storage, and management tool vendor studies from the request for proposal to the final contract, which resulted in global standards and 20% cost reductions.
- Designed a multi-tenant virtual solution to provide IaaS/SaaS service for customers that resulted in the elimination of an outsourced data center contract.
- Managed a global redeploy process to re-assign underutilized server and storage assets that reduced new purchases by 30%
- Create comprehensive, complex IT architectural designs to transfer business requirements to solutions
- Design and manage total application & system architecture and technical environment, integrating application needs and technology trends with appropriate computing infrastructure and software capabilities
- Maintain detailed knowledge of business operations and provide guidance on how to best utilize software applications, services, and related technologies to support current and future business requirements
- Mentor staff on root cause analysis and other quality improvement techniques
- Provide advanced application and/or systems support and training
- Provide high level consultative services to businesses/functions
- Provide architectural and technical oversight of IT projects
- Infrastructure Architect and Team Lead.
- Managed storage capacity, approved new requests, and planned for future growth.
- Set Enterprise standards for storage and backup products and services.
- Storage SME for Data Center Redesign project.
- Worked as part of a multi functional team addressing enhancements to Cargill’s disaster recovery and high availability capabilities.
- Provided technical consulting for an assessment of global cloud service providers.
- Reviewed all infrastructure capacity requests for compliance with security and internal business controls.
- Design WAN and LAN connectivity, working with system and application administration teams and studio technical teams to design proper network traffic flow, and to troubleshoot and correct existing issues
- Design and implement server and storage technologies
- Improve our networks and connectivity, focusing on performance and reliability
- Partner with security team to secure network traffic using best practices, including appropriate use of encryption/VPNs, firewalls, etc
- Strong experience with virtual networking with VMware technologies