- Identify correct anatomical and proportional point locations based on patients’ anatomy and positions to perform x-ray procedures.
- Perform EKG/ECG to patients.
- Maintain and follow standard quality and safety of the patients.
- Assisting in blood extraction only when needed.
- Worked as a per diem X-ray technologist before advancing to computed tomography.
- Experience working in a hospital setting with inpatients, outpatients, emergency room patients, and operating room patients.
- Obtained radiographs in a safe manner in compliance with department protocols while practicing ALARA.
- Assisted radiologists and speech pathologists with fluoroscopy procedures such as lumbar punctures and modified barium swallows.
- Operated C-arm equipment in a sterile environment to provide fluoroscopy images to surgeons.
- Operated standard X-ray equipment and portable X-ray equipment with other X-ray technologists as a team or independently.
- Recorded patient’s medical history, vital statistics, and test results in medical records.
- Entered patient, procedure and equipment into computer system
- Explained procedures to reduce anxietiesand increase patient cooperation
- Oriented and trained new staff on proper policies and procedures.
- Tailored care to meet the specific needs of each patient.