- Qualified Certificate IV Veterinary nursing
- Advanced Small Animal Nursing (studying)
- Taking bloods and performing laboratory testing
- stocktaking and inventory checks
- Performing Radiographs
- administer medication
- sterilizing and maintenance of surgical equipment
- Performing triage
- Restrain animals safely
- Monitor animals vitals and anaesthetic
- Clean facilities and equipment.
- Talk to or interact with animals to familiarise them and build a trusting relationship
- Prepare necessary equipment and instruments for procedures and surgeries
- Prepare patient for surgery or procedure
- Monitor recovery
- Treat sick or injured animals by administering medication, dressing/bandaging of wounds, providing special care.
- Advise animal owners regarding sanitary measures, feeding, and general care.
- Assistance in surgery, monitoring anaesthetic levels, pre and post op treatments, surgery preparation.
- Admission and discharge of patients.
- Reception duties.
veterinary nurse/dog groomer
- Clean facilities and equipment such as dog pens and surgery rooms/equipment.
- Reception duties, such as answering phones, making and cancelling/rescheduling appointments. Ordering stock and informing clients when it arrives.
- Educate clients on nutrition, grooming and exercise.
- preparing animals for surgery
- holding and monitoring animals during operations
- maintaining, sterilising and laying out surgical equipment
- cleaning up after surgery