- Machines various components of press tools
- Bench fitting
- Servicing and repairing tools
- Auto card
- Cnc operator
- Blueprint reading
- Learning how to operate CNC milling and lathes
- Machining of plastic moulds
- Injection and blow moulds operations
- Determines, operate and adjust work related machines and tool appropriately
- Design and build production tools and fixtures.
- Program CNC mills, lathes and grinders using G code.
- Machine very tight tolerance injection molding dies.
- Use CNC and manual grinders to hold tolerances to .0001
- Machine new tools and weld rework damaged tools
- Work with senior artisans to design and improved tools
- Maintain plastic molds with complex tools
- Troubleshooting tools problems
- Perform routine safety and quality audits
- Perform routine maintenance
- Screw cutting
- Blohm Maschinenbau is a manufacturer of profile and flat surface grinding machines which are used all over the world. Machines were produced for companies such as MTU in Germany, Pratt and Whitney in the USA and Rolls Royce in Britain. These machines were used to grind the profile ends of the turbine blades for the aeronautical engines that these companies produced. Our department manufactured the encapsulation dies that these turbine blades were held in. This required working to extremely tight tolerances, quite often down to 2 microns.