surgical technologist/er tech
- Measure vitals signs, weight, temperature.
- Perform electrocardiograms (ECG)
- Applied dressings or changed dressings on wounds.
- Inserted urinary catheters.
- Drew blood for labs.
- Scrubbed mainly in orthopedics, cardiovascular and ophthalmology
- Aside from working in the operating room, also assisted general surgeons in endoscopies and colonoscopies in GI
- Worked in the sterile processing department on days of low census in the operating room
- Assist the surgeon during procedures.
- Senior tech for Neurosurgery, responsible for 24 hour emergency call one week per month for 3 years
- Specialized in adult and pediatric neurosurgical procedures including spinal fusions, emergency craniotomies, aneurysm clippings, transsphenoidal tumor removals, craniosynostosis corrections, and myelomeningocele repairs
- Participated in adult and pediatric orthopedic procedures including sports, spine, trauma, hand, and podiatry specialties.
- Thorough understanding of Stryker, LDR, Synthes, Nuvasive, Zimmer and globus systems as both a supply liaison and Surgical Technologist
- Responsible for weekend call shifts that entailed emergency general, GYN, rectal, and ortho trauma specialties.
- Assembled supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepared sterile instrument table.
- Prepared patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintained aseptic techniques and actively monitored situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provided comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transported patients both to and from surgical suite.
- Positioned patients according to type of surgery.
- Set up back table for surgical procedures.
- Ensure patient safety during patient positioning.
- Perioperative care.
- Assisted the surgical team in surgical procedures which included passing instruments, sponges and sutures.