- Demonstrate highest proficiency skiing in all terrains and conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instruct skiing or snowboarding to students in a fun and safe manner using various training techniques adapted to the students’ needs
- Perform daily tasks and lessons scheduled to your work area each shift according to Instructor Scheduling Report, or other tool as assigned by Ski School Manager.
- Understand, lead and model safety standards within the department for yourself and others
- Uphold the highest levels of guest safety in varying winter weather conditions.
- When working with children, supervise children at all times ensuring return of child to identified guardian.
- Communicate effectively with leadership, peers and other departments to create an environment of support and trust that will benefit staff and guests.
- Evaluated clientele’s technique and skill level to improve their riding
- Coached beginner to advanced freestyle techniques to numerous riders
- Provided safe and fun learning environments for my clients
- Assisted guests during boot fitting, gear selection and equipment checks
- Communicated physical instructions to students visually and verbally
- Teach kids how to snowboard in the Polar Kids Program.
- Kids between the ages of four and twelve.
- Communicate with other instructors.
- Talk to parents at the end of the lesson about the childs progress.
- Serve them lunch, snacks and drinks.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise methods of instruction.
- Assess students’ abilities.
- Help direct people where they need to be.
- Teach students.
- Work with people of all ages.