- Obtaining patient history for DVM.
- Administering vaccinations and medications.
- Monitoring anesthesia for in-suite surgery and dental prophylaxis
- Performing full dental prophylaxis including cleaning, charting, and radiographs.
- Managing a team of up to 3 DVMs and 6 Technicians/Assistants in the absence of the practice manager.
- Conflict management between team members.
- Fielding and resolving client complaints.
- Assist in patient procedures using knowledge of anesthesia and analgesia related protocols and procedures, including formulating anesthetic plans tailored to individual patient needs.
- Manage appointments, obtain histories, medical record keeping, invoicing, patient discharges, etc.
- Intravenous catheter placement, endotracheal intubation and anesthetic equipment use and maintenance
- Thorough understanding of anesthetic considerations and how comorbidities affect case protocol and perioperative management
- Monitor anesthesia, trouble shoot anesthetic complications and make appropriate interventions
- Advanced anesthetic skills include arterial line placement, epidurals, difficult airway intubation, and critical case management.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic radiology tests to identify and assess patient’s condition.
- Consult and coordinate with nephrologists, radiologists & nurses to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Conduct specific diagnostic laboratory tests such as vein mapping, carotid dopplers, renal artery dopplers & venous ultrasounds.
- Explain pre and post medical instructions to patients or family members.
- Record accurate, detailed reports and records.