- Collaborate with physicians and other care providers to provide best care practice to patients.
- Document and evaluate patient medical History, lab work, diagnostic reports to develop appropriate patient care needs.
- Supervise unit staff and delegate care of unit patients with Charge Nurse role.
- Administer medications via IV, Oral, Central Line, GT forms
- Recommend interventions to modify behavior for safe delivery of care.
- Educate patients and families in self care practices for acute and chronic illnesses.
- Evaluate patients for acute changes in health status that could lead of interventions during hospital stay.
- Management of acute or chronic diabetic, vascular, arterial and pressure wounds.
- Performed assessments on each wound on a weekly basis to monitor healing and overall changes.
- Applies and carries out physician orders for wound dressing materials.
- Engage in research activities related to nursing. and develop health improvement programs.
- Notify physician of any decline in patient condition or abnormal labs
- Assess the needs of individuals and their families, to identify potential health or safety problems.
- Administer medications PO, IV, SQ or any route as ordered by the physician.
- Provide Behavioral and emotional support to those under my care and to their families