- Responsible for the purchase direct and indirect material for automotive plant.
- Reports to upper management of KPI
- Spend analysis in order to make strategy for Cost reduction projects
- Sourcing & supplier development
- Bid of direct and indirect material
- Contract negotiations for Raw Material and Services
- Vendor Management agreements
- Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of the purchasing team to ensure optimal management of $14M worth of inventory
- Forecasting, budgeting and planning to optimize inventory needs for Sales
- Training of new and existing employees in forecasting and ordering systems which are constantly changing due to advancements in technology
- Collaboration with Sales and Operations management team to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems.
- Prepare invitation-of-bid forms, and mail forms to supplier firms or distribute forms for public posting.
- Participation on Corporate initiatives
- Successful participation on NPI and Transfers for another divisions
- Source suppliers in Mexico, Europe and US
- Responsible for purchasing inventory and other supplies for the departmental store
- Experience in handling banking related documents, vendors and wholesale markets
- Annual Budget review
- Work on Corporate initiatives:
- Appraise, evaluate inventory
- Work with other members of management to ensure all products needed have been ordered.
- Ensure warehouse is well kept and organized.
- Receive all incoming packages and send all outgoing.