- Collaborate with physicians and other healthcare professionals in the management of patients.
- Perform patient histories and physical exams.
- Order and interpret laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Handle cardiac emergencies by employing medical training.
- Advise patients concerning diet, activity, and disease prevention.
- Supervise activities and training of students, medical assistants, and other medical support staff.
- One of the original physician assistants recruited by Stat Health, and helped develop and optimize the physician assistant role within the company
- Take detailed patient histories and preform comprehensive patient physical examinations
- Diagnose and provide treatment for a variety of medical problems in the urgent care setting with autonomy
- Document all patient histories, physical exams, and treatment plans using EMR
- Interpret laboratory and radiologic results, and develop treatment plans and follow up visits/referrals based on those results
- Do procedural work such as, but not limited to:Suturing
- Maintained and followed standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.
- Analyzed physical findings and medical histories to make diagnoses according to Oriental medicine traditions.
- Developed individual treatment plans and strategies.
- Evaluated treatment outcomes and recommend new or altered treatments as necessary to further promote, restore, or maintain health.
- Collected medical histories and general health and life style information from patients.
- Assessed patients’ general physical appearance to make diagnoses.
- Educated patients on topics such as meditation, ergonomics, stretching, exercise, nutrition, the healing process, breathing, and relaxation techniques.
- Provide diagnostic physicals, sick calls, and chronic illness encounters
- Complete evaluations of acutely ill patients in urgent/emergent and infirmary
- Facilitate telemedicine encounters
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients’ condition.
- Provide patient education
- Indentify areas for quality improvement and process implementation
- Abscess I&D
- Trigger Point Injections
- Vaccination administration