- Provide outpatient lactation support for clients in both a Pediatric office as well as home visits.
- Build a clientele and effectively manage an independent lactation practice.
- Ensure application of research-based information in all aspects of lactation management.
- Assist clients to establish and maintain techniques and skills that support their breastfeeding goals.
- Provide follow-up with clients as indicated.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep current on developments in lactation.