- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Coordinate or maintain office tracking systems for correspondence or follow-up actions.
- Plan and administer budgets for programs, equipment and support services.Provide transcripts of proceedings upon request of judges, lawyers, or the public.
- Help develop federal and state programs, draft and interpret laws and legislation, and establish enforcement procedures.
- Search for and examine public and other legal records to write opinions or establish ownership.
- Probate wills and represent and advise executors and administrators of estates.
- Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
- Write decisions on cases.
- Sentence defendants in criminal cases, on conviction by jury, according to applicable government statutes.
- Factual / Fraud Investigations (fires, thefts, staged accidents, burglaries, drink / drug driving incidents, loss of items and malicious damage claims)
- Interviews with insured’s, driver’s, witnesses, police officers, government authorities and other relevant parties
- Generating and presenting detailed accurate reports
- Scene analysis and reviewing of CCTV footage
- Reviewing of bank statements and phone records for suspicious activity
- Reviewing Product Disclosure Statements for all Insurance companies
- Working closely with emergency Services, including Victoria Police and Australian Federal Police
- Receive statements of child abuse and/ or neglect.
- Investigate complaints of child abuse/neglect.
- write a report on the findings.
- refer affected individuals to counselling in necessary.
- Compute and authorize amounts of assistance for programs such as grants, monetary payments, and food stamps.
- Read documents on pleadings and motions to ascertain facts and issues.
- Developing a strong database with insurance companies to identify suspicious patterns
- Confidentiality in all aspects of investigations